Fully compatible with OpenCart 2.0.x through 2.3.x!
» Now the 2nd best selling OpenCart plugin on CodeCanyon!
- Eliminates most of OpenCart’s duplicate link mess, replacing duplicated links with consistent versions
- 301 redirects duplicated links to correct versions
- Probably the most important SEO improvement you can make
- Easily change the URL scheme in the site admin
- vqMod easy installation—no core files overwritten, nothing to modify
- Works with OpenCart 1.5.x AND OpenCart 2.0.x – 2.3.x
The biggest problem OpenCart sites face is the duplicate/thin pages penalties caused by its default link scheme. By default, every page on the site can be accessed by a multitude of links. OpenCart SEO Link De-duplicator ends the duplicate link madness by standardizing one proper link for each page, and 301 redirecting all of the “ghost” versions to the proper link. Boost your SEO efforts in just minutes!
How It Works
As an example, let’s say you’re running a default OpenCart installation on widgetstore.net. You’re selling Blue Widgets. The regular URL to the Blue Widgets product page would be:
However, you’ll soon find this product can be accessed from many, many different URLs, for example:
Category pages: http://www.widgetstore.net/widgets/blue-widget Secondary category pages: http://www.widgetstore.net/other-widgets/blue-widget Manufacturer pages: http://www.widgetstore.net/northwestern-widget-company/blue-widget Non-seo URL: http://www.widgetstore.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51 Partially-seo manufacturer URL: http://www.widgetstore.net/northwestern-widget-company?product_id=51 Partially-seo category URL: http://www.widgetstore.net/other-widgets?product_id=51 Complete gibberish URL: http://www.widgetstore.net/sdj//gos//djg/////osd/CANT/BELIEVE/THIS/REALLY/WORKS/blue-widget and thousands more!
Ugh. You can try the above examples on your own store and you’ll see it illustrated. The problem with having many duplicate pages is that Google will index many of these dubious URLs, making your site appear to have thin and duplicate content, which dilutes your pagerank and hurts your ranking in searches.
OpenCart SEO Link De-duplicator works in two ways:
1) It will change all of your links site-wide to a single canonical version. Each time a product is linked on your site, it will be linked to the same URL.
2) Permanently (301) redirect all the duplicate links to the correct canonical link so you don’t have to worry about losing any Pagerank or “link juice”
This plugin will also redirect variations of the site’s home page:
http://www.widgetstore.net/index.php becomes: http://www.widgetstore.net/
http://www.widgetstore.net/index.php?index.php?route=common/home becomes: http://www.widgetstore.net/
and your category pages:
http://www.widgetstore.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=72 becomes: http://www.widgetstore.net/category/
http://www.widgetstore.net/a-bunch-of-giberrish-here/real-category becomes: http://www.widgetstore.net/real-category
and your information pages:
http://www.widgetstore.net/a-bunch-of-giberrish-here/delivery becomes: http://www.widgetstore.net/delivery
http://www.widgetstore.net/index.php?route=information/delivery becomes: http://www.widgetstore.net/delivery
Do away with duplicate/thin content penalties once and for all with this easy plugin!
To help boost your overall SEO efforts, this plugin works nicely in conjunction with our popular Canonical URLs plugin, available here:
OpenCart SEO Link De-duplicator installs easily using vqmod. Just drops in place, no need to edit any source files. Full instructions are included.
OpenCart SEO Link De-duplicator now also corrects category page parameter duplication. For example, OpenCart’s pagination by default links to /category?page=1 which is the same as /category. These links are now corrected. Also, sort parameters using the default sort scheme (i.e. /category?sort=p.sort_order) are now changed to the canonical link automatically.
New in version 2.0
Now compatible with both OpenCart 1.5.x AND OpenCart 2.0!
You can easily change the URL scheme in the admin. Easily choose between the following product link formats:
http://www.yoursite.com/product-name http://www.yoursite.com/main-category/product-name http://www.yoursite.com/main-category/sub-category/product-name
“I started using your mod on 3/22 and [got a large increase in traffic]. Great product man, this has really helped my business. Your link De-duplicator really works.” -J
”…great code, great feature, very helpful script for every OC webmaster who care about in-site SEO” -N
“This is an amazing plugin … I highly recommend this plugin to anyone using OpenCart to increase their SEO efforts.” -F
“Very fast to reply to any questions. Great little mod!” -C
”…works like a breeze” -M
“Excellent plugin, should be a core feature of Opencart” -O
“I love you man, this module saved me a lot of time. Great work.” -K
“Product works as described and the customer service is VERY responsive and helpful.” -J
- Fixed a rare homepage duplication issue on some sites
- Updated compatibility with latest Brainyfilter releases
- Fixed a problem with filters on certain OC versions
- Added 2.2.x support
- Now supports unicode in URLs
- Improved multistore support
- Corrected an issue that could lead to redirect loops on the main page in OpenCart 2.0.x
- Fixed pagination bug on OpenCart 2.0.x
- Fixed update notifier
- Added support for OpenCart 2.0.x
- URL format can now be changed easily in the admin Settings
- Improved compatibility with BrainyFilter and certain other 3rd party modules.
- Added automatic update notifier
- Improved handling of category filters
- Suppressed notice that could occur in some unusual OpenCart configurations
- Added more troubleshooting to the manual
- Fixed issue where products without SEO Keyword would break validation of sitemap XML
- Better affiliate compatibility
- Deduplicates an additional link on the admin home
- Option to force parameter deduplication
- Improved parameter string deduplication
- Initial release
- OpenCart 1.5.x or 2.0.x
- PHP 5.2 or later
- vqMod (free download, installation instructions are included)
Please note: due to the very low price of this script, no support is included. The manual does include a detailed troubleshooting section to help you debug most common problems. The script works and is tested with most common configurations. Rare server, plugin, or theme configurations may require custom modification or troubleshooting for the script to work.