This plugin was originally built for the Yummly API, but because this API was shut down on 30 September 2019, the plugin was rewritten to use the Spoonacular API (which is free) – video update.
What Can You Do With This Plugin?
To use this plugin, you need a Spoonacular API key. Get one here.
Yummomatic Automatic Recipe Post Generator Plugin for WordPress is a breaking edge cooking recipe related content importer, using Spoonacular database. It is ideal for auto blogging and automatic reipe related content post publishing. It uses the Spoonacular API to turn your website into a auto blogging or even a money making machine!
Using this plugin, you can automatically generate posts based on a set of predefined rules.
Other plugin features:
- Google Translate support – select the language in which you want to post your articles
- Text Spinner support – automatically modify generated text, changing words with their synonyms – great SEO value!
- customizable generated post status (published, draft, pending, private, trash)
- automatically generate post categories or tags from marketplace items
- manually add post categories or tags to items
- generate post or page or any other custom post type
- define publishing constrains: do not publish posts that do not have images, posts with short/long title/content
- automatically generate a featured image for the post
- post custom fields support
- post custom taxonomies support
- enable/disable comments, pingbacks or trackbacks for the generated post
- customize post title and content (with the included wide variety of relevant post shortcodes)
- ‘Keyword Replacer Tool’ – It’s purpose is to define keywords that are substituted automatically with your affiliate links, anywhere they appear in the content of your site. For example, you can define a keyword ‘codecanyon’ and have it substituted by a link to http://www.codecanyon.net/?ref=user_name anywhere it appears in your site’s content.
- ‘Random Sentence Generator Tool’ (relevant sentences – as you define them)
- detailed plugin activity logging
- scheduled rule runs
- Maximum/minimum title length post limitation
- Maximum/minimum content length post limitation
- Add post only if predefined required keywords found in title/content
- Add post only if predefined banned keywords are not found in the title/content
Testing this plugin
- You can test the plugin’s functionality using the ‘Test Site Generator’. Here you can try the plugin’s full functionality. Note that the generated testing blog will be deleted automatically after 24 hours.
- PHP curl
Version 1.0 Release Date 2017-08-04
First version released!
Version 1.0.1 Release Date 2017-08-10
Some minor fixes
Version 1.0.2 Release Date 2017-08-29
Improved post content
Version 1.0.3 Release Date 2017-09-09
Fixed issue with image importing
Version 1.0.4 Release Date 2017-09-13
Added paged results support
Version 1.0.5 Release Date 2017-09-27
Version 1.0.6 Release Date 2017-11-07
Version 1.0.7 Release Date 2017-11-08
Added Google Recipe Markup/ Pinterest Rich Pins support
Version 1.0.8 Release Date 2017-12-13
Added an option to manually set a running url (for cron)
Version 1.0.9 Release Date 2018-03-15
Fixed issue with recipe instructions parsing in some cases
Version 1.1.0 Release Date 2018-07-13
Updated built-in readability module
Version 1.1.1 Release Date 2018-12-16
Added nested importing support - import mixed content into a single post, from multiple plugins created by CodeRevolution
Version 1.1.2 Release Date 2019-01-20
Added Gutenberg block support
Version 1.1.3 Release Date 2019-04-19
Version 2.0.0 Release Date 2019-11-29
Plugin working with the Spoonacular API because the closure of the Spoonacular API
Version 2.0.1 Release Date 2020-05-11
New features added for content templates Bugfix update
Version 2.0.2 Release Date 2021-01-16
PHP 8 compatibility update
Are you already a customer?
If you already bought this and you have tried it out, please contact me in the item’s comment section and give me feedback, so I can make it a better WordPress plugin!
WordPress 5.6 Tested!
Through this plugin you are able to grab content from different recipe websites that does not necessary belong to you or which are not under your control. Also, the plugin’s developer has no control over the nature, content and availability of grabbed material.