You can create advanced QR Code designs using different colors, rendering methods (image, canvas or DIV), effects, add text or image labels and test each design. Plugin can generate QR Codes based on current URL or by forming standardized formats:
- Custom Text
- Current URL
- SMS Message
- Email Message
- Skype Name
- Phone Number
- vCard Contact
- vCard 4.0 Contact
- Maps GEO Location
- WiFi Access
- RSS Feed Link
To generate QR Codes plugin is not depending on external websites (usually limited by size and design for QR Codes), plugin uses jQuery library that can build QR code as image, on Canvas or as DIV with custom image overlay, effects, custom color, transparent background. QR Codes can be generated in any size (if made too small, it can be hard to read and decode).
QR Code Shortcode with integration into TinyMCE editor
Plugin adds button with easy to use popup to configure shortcode for QR Code to add into post content. Adds options to align and wrap shortcode for better styling.
3 Widgets to add QR Codes, including vCard contact information
Plugin adds 3 widgets: QR Code from Current URL (QR Code changes on different pages to encode that page URL), QR Code from vCard Contact information and QR Code from custom content (selection and options for different types of content).
Create multiple QR Code layouts using colors, overlay and effects
Create layouts you can use over and over again. You can add multiple designs/layouts for QR Codes, edit, duplicate or delete them and preview each one with popup QR Code example for easy test.
Easy to use QR Code layout designer with real time preview for testing
Customize colors (with transparent background support), render method (image is recommended), add text or image overlay label to enhance QR Code (limits apply for position of overlay since it can effect readability of QR Code), include effects and error correction settings to improve readability of generate QR Codes.
Other Plugin Features Included
- Support for unicode text and content to encode into QR Code.
- Easy to use export and import for transferring settings from one website to another.
- Support for Multisite WordPress mode, each website can set plugin on it’s own.
- Option to include Download Link to vCard VCF file for both vCard formats.
- Support for translation and includes POT file.
Plugin generates the QR Code using jQuery library inside the browser. QR Codes are not saved anywhere on the server, and there is no QR Code management included for generating and saving QR Codes.
System and WordPress Requirements
- PHP 5.6 or newer
- WordPress 4.9 or newer
Plugin contains PDF user guide in the plugin package. Check out this document to get information on plugin options, usage and more. Please, read this file to understand the limitation of QR Codes customization.
Version 2.1 / 2021.01.21.
- New: fully tested with the jQuery Migrate disabled
- New: vCard 4.0 support GEO location for Home and Work
- New: vCard 4.0 support TimeZone for Home and Work
- New: vCard 4.0 support Fax for Home and Work
- Update: Improved vCard 4.0 value labels formatting
Version 2.0.3 / 2021.01.14.
- Fixed: generator function issue with the download option
- Fixed: vCard 4.0 issue with the home URL processing
Version 2.0.2 / 2020.12.31.
- Fixed: vCard 4.0 widget problem with the nickname field
- Fixed: vCard 4.0 order for the name elements
Version 2.0.1 / 2020.12.30.
- Fixed: vCard download URL space encoding issues
- Fixed: vCard 4.0 widget HTML markup for address
- Fixed: vCard 4.0 problem with the work URL missing
- Fixed: vCard 4.0 problem with the format for address
- Fixed: vCard 4.0 various other small issues
Version 2.0 / 2020.11.21.
- New: generate QR code for vCard 4.0
- New: widget for vCard 4.0 QR Code
- New: option to include vCard download under QR Code
- Update: Improved layout for the widgets settings
- Update: jQuery QRCode Library 0.18
- Fixed: Issue with the WIFI generator shortcode
- Fixed: vCard QR code missing required FN value