Elephant is a great solution for those you to quickly build an app to take notes and store them in your own personal cloud, even if you don’t know how to code
Elephant is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) where people can take several types of notes – text, audio, video, drawing, list, and photo – and store them in their own personal cloud.
Users can create an account and log in with their own favorite credentials, so their notes will always be in a safe place.
They can also anytime edit the username and email address of their account, as well as reset their password and check the Terms Of Service page.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database.
• Check out the Demo Database, login as:
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
The backend of this template is XServer, so you can either buy the XServer REST API an install it on your own VPS server, or create an account on XServer.app and a Database for this app.
After performing the configurations mentioned below, you will run the app and see no content, so Sign Up with a test user in order to create a test account and start testing the app.
NOTE: in case you want to implement your own backend to this template, you do not need to buy the XServer API, nor create an account on XServer.app, but please be aware that implementing a different backend to this template must be performed by you or your developers.
As per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
IMPORTANT: You ARE NOT allowed to sell or share the original source code of this template anywhere due to copyright infringement
iOS Swift language – Native Xcode project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Xcode and Swift.
Storyboard, iOS 11.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on all iOS devices
Backend with XServer – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on XServer.app, as well as use the XServer REST API hosted on your VPS server.
Post/Edit many kind of Notes – Users are free to upload an unlimited number of notes, it’s just a matter of clicking a + button in the Home screen and select the desired note to make.
Search notes by keywords – Use the top search field to search for notes by typing search terms.
Account screen with username and email – The account screen allows you to see your login credentials (not publicly visible, of course), as well as edit them.
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners.
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
The latest official version of Xcode – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of Xcode and you can download it from the Mac App Store. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your macOS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
An Apple Developer Account with an active iOS Development Program – This is needed for you to publish apps on the iTunes App Store. You can still edit this template on code without that account, but you won’t be able to run it on your real iOS device since you’ll need a Team ID.
Basic knowledge of Xcode and Swift language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the App Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the App Store – iOS Simulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Apple’s official Guidelines.
A VPS server – I suggest you to create an Ubuntu instance on AWS Lightsail, fair prices, great reliability.
February 1, 2021
- Edited the 'XSCurrentUser()' and 'XSGetPointer()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
October 21, 2020
- Added a Web version (to be hosted on a VPS server like AWS Lightsail)
September 25, 2020
- Updated to Xcode 12 - Moved this line out if its IF statement in the 'Home.swift' file: DEFAULTS.set(adCount, forKey: "adCount")
September 11, 2020
- Edited the 'XSObject()' function in the 'XServerSDK.swift', now it can retrieve the saved data as a JSON object, so it can be used within the saving function - Edited all the calls of the 'XSObject()'' function in the swift files where such call is present
August 13, 2020
** MAJOR UPDATE ** Replaced Parse Server with the XServer backend: https://xserver.app Please read the Documentation and this page for more info
April 24, 2020
- Updated the GoogleMobileAds framework files into the 'AdMob' folder: removed the old .framework files in the 'Frameworks' folder in Xcode and imported the new ones - this should fix the UIWebView warning message from Apple after submitting the app on the App Store
January 12, 2020
- First release, iOS 9.0 and above - Native Xcode project, Swift language - Compatible with all iOS devices
For any support requests, please contact me through my Profile’s Contact Form
Rate my Work
Your support is always greatly appreciated, from comments to product’s reviews, so please click here to rate your purchases!