Sixdeo is a great solution for you to quickly build a mobile app where people can watch and upload short videos to show their skills and talent, even if you don’t know how to code
Sixdeo is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) where people can post or watch 6-second short videos and share them to the community.
Users are also allowed to report inappropriate content/users, like and comment videos.
The Admin can daily check the database for reported content or users and take action for it, as well as manually edit data in the Database.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database.
• Check out the demo Database, login as:
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
The backend of this template is XServer, so you can either buy the XServer REST API an install it on your own VPS server, or create an account on XServer.app and a Database for this app.
After performing the configurations mentioned below, you will run the app and see no content, so Sign Up with a test user in order to create a test account and start testing the app.
NOTE: in case you want to implement your own backend to this template, you do not need to buy the XServer API, nor create an account on XServer.app, but please be aware that implementing a different backend to this template must be performed by you or your developers.
As per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
IMPORTANT: You are NOT allowed to sell or share the original source code of this template anywhere due to copyright infringement
iOS Swift language – Native Xcode project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Xcode and Swift.
Storyboard, iOS 11.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on all iOS devices
Backend with XServer – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on XServer.app, as well as use the XServer REST API hosted on your VPS server.
Watch and post Videos – Users are free to upload an unlimited number of videos of a length of 6 seconds (this duration is also customizable in the code by the Admin). People can like and comment the posted works.
Search videos by keywords and Categories – Use the top search field to search for posts by typing your desired search terms, or tap the Categories in the horizontal list.
Report inappropriate Users or Content – People can help the Admin by reporting abusive posts or users, this is a good feature to build a stable and reliable community.
Profile screen with avatar images – The account screen makes you know who’s in the community
Edit profile with Name, Username, Email – Edit your profile and show people your identity, make yourself trustworthy.
Follow your favorite people – In the Users Profile screen you can follow them and them and then see their posts in the Home screen, in the ‘Followed’ category.
Notifications screen – Check out your account’s activity, from likes to comments and followers. If you tap a row you’ll be redirected to the User’s Profile screen.
Push Notifications – Users will receive notifications for likes, comments, followers and new videos.
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners.
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
The latest official version of Xcode – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of Xcode and you can download it from the Mac App Store. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your macOS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
An Apple Developer Account with an active iOS Development Program – This is needed for you to publish apps on the iTunes App Store. You can still edit this template on code without that account, but you won’t be able to run it on your real iOS device since you’ll need a Team ID.
Basic knowledge of Xcode and Swift language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the App Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the App Store – iOS Simulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Apple’s official Guidelines.
February 1, 2021
- Edited the 'XSCurrentUser()' and 'XSGetPointer()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
November 19, 2020
- Added a 'report_butt2' ImageSet in the Assets.xcassets folder - Added a Report button with that image over the VideoCell of the Home and UserProfile controllers in the Storyboard, as well as the proper code in the 'VideoCell.swift', 'Home.swift' and 'UserProfile.swift' files, to allow users to report people's videos to the admin
September 25, 2020
- Updated to Xcode 12 - Added a variable called 'adCount' into the 'XServerSDK.swift' file, and some lines of code into the 'UserProfile.swift' file in order to fire an Interstitial ad every 3 screen's views - Optimized the code and server calls by editing the following functions: 'queryVideos()' -> in 'Home.swift' 'convertVideoAndSave()' -> in 'PostScreen.swift' 'followButt()' -> in 'UserProfile.swift' - Removed this line in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file: let VIDEOS_FOLLOWED_BY = "AR_followedBy" - Removed "AR_followedBy":  from the 'Videos.json' file in the 'Tables' folder
September 11, 2020
- Edited the 'XSObject()' function in the 'XServerSDK.swift', now it can retrieve the saved data as a JSON object, so it can be used withint the saving function - Edited all the calls of the 'XSObject()'' function in the swift files where such call is present
July 20, 2020
- Moved some of code out of the 'XSGetPointer()' function in the 'cellForItemAt indexpath()' function in Home.swift and Account.swift files. In this way video images will load faster
July 7, 2020
** MAJOR CHANGE ** Replaced Parse Server to the XServer backend: https://xserver.app Please read the Documentation and this page for more info
April 28, 2020
- Due to Apple's deprecation about UIWebView, I've updated the following files inside the 'Parse' folder: Parse.framework ParseFacebookUtilsV4.framework Bolts.framework FBSDKLoginKit.framework FBSDKCireKit.framework - Removed the FBSDKShareKit.framework ** IMPORTANT** - If this is an UPDATE for you, you should perform the following steps: - Open your old Xcode project and expand the 'Frameworks' folder from the files list menu on the left pane - Select the framework files mentioned above and the FBSDKShareKit.framework too, right-click and select 'Delete' .-> Move to Trash, so those files will be removed from the 'Parse' folder - Open the 'Parse' folder inside the updated project folder and copy all its files - Open the 'Parse' folder inside your old project folder and paste them - Select those files and drag them inside the 'Frameworks' folder from the files list menu on the left pane in Xcode, and click the 'Finish' button - Clean the project and run the app, Xcode should give you a few errors: 'FBSDKGraphRequest' has been renamed to 'GraphRequest' Cannot call the value of non-function type 'ApplicationDelegate' 'sharedInstance' has been renamed to 'shared' So you can easily fix those errors by clicking on their red dots -> Fix button. Xcode will perform name changes for you. Alternatively, you may compare your old 'AppDelegate.swift' and Intro.swift' files to the updated ones and perform the few code updates
December 20, 2019
- First release, iOS 9.0 and above - Native Xcode project, Swift language - Compatible with all iOS devices
For any support requests, please contact me through my Profile’s Contact Form
Rate my Work
Your support is always greatly appreciated, from comments to product’s reviews, so please click here to rate your purchases!