Eventik is a great solution for those who need to quickly build a mobile app to list events, conferences or concerts that will happen at specific dates and locations
* In case your device will show a Toast message saying “Can’t open file”, just download the Astro File Manager app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en
and use it to install the APK. This may happen because of new Android Security options *
Eventik is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) to find cool things to do around their area, and submit events from all around the world. Searches can be performed by keywords, categories, current locations, or popular cities.
Users can like and share events and follow people’s posts. Submitted events get stored in the Account screen, where people can see their status – either “in Review” or published.
The Admin should daily check the database for submitted content, and decide to either publish them or not by flagging a boolean value in the Database.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database.
• Check out the Demo Database, login as:
• Keep an eye on the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
The backend of this template is XServer, so you can either buy the XServer REST API an install it on your own VPS server, or create an account on XServer.app and a Database for this app.
After performing the configurations mentioned below, you will run the app and see no content, so Sign Up with a test user in order to create a test account and start testing the app.
NOTE: in case you want to implement your own backend to this template, you do not need to buy the XServer API, nor create an account on XServer.app, but please be aware that implementing a different backend to this template must be performed by you or your developers.
As per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
IMPORTANT: You ARE NOT allowed to sell or share the original source code of this template anywhere due to copyright infringement
Java/XML language – Native Android Studio project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Android Studio and Java code.
Android 6.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on about 80% of Android devices
Backend with XServer – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on XServer.app, as well as use the XServer REST API hosted on your VPS server.
Browse events from people you follow – Besides seeing posts in the Home screen, there’s a dedicated page where you can view events from the user you’re following.
Search for events by keywords, location and category – Finding nice stuff to do is super easy and it’s all handled by the Home screen.
Edit/Delete Events – People can edit or delete their own posts from the “My Events” section in the Account screen.
Share events – Users help the Admin to get the app more popular by sharing it to social networks, Mail or SMS.
Get directions to events – The Event details page shows a preview of its location. The “Get Directions” button opens the native Maps application to calculate the route.
Submissions notifications – The Admin gets an email when an event has been submitted or edited.
See your Account’s info – Users can see a list of events they’re interested to, as well as the ones they submitted for review.
Setting screen – This section offers options like Reset Password, Edit Profile’s info, Contact the Admin, and read the Terms of Service.
Google Sign in – People can quickly sign with their Google account from the Intro page.
Push Notifications – Users will receive notifications for likes and followers.
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
The latest official version of Android Studio – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of AS (download it here. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac or Windows computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your computer’s OS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
A Google Play Developer Account – This is needed for you to publish apps on the Play Store. You can still edit and test this template on Android Studio without that account though.
Basic knowledge of Android Studio and Java/XML language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the Play Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the Play Store – Emulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Google’s official Guidelines.
February 1, 2021
- Edited the 'XSCurrentUser()' and 'XSGetPointer()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.java' file
January 22, 2021
- Updated to Android Studio 4.1.2 - Set 'minifyEnabled' into 'true' in 'build.gradle(:app)' [in this way the code gets obfuscated as recently requested by Play Store]
November 19, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 4.1.1
September 25, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 4.0.1 - Moved this line out if its IF statement in the 'Home.java' and 'EventInfo.java' files: PREFS.edit().putInt("adCount", adCount).apply();
September 11, 2020
- Edited the 'XSObject()' function in the 'XServerSDK.java', now it can retrieve the saved data as a JSON object, so it can be used within the saving function - Edited all the calls of the 'XSObject()'' function in the java files where such call is present
August 11, 2020
** MAJOR UPDATE ** Replaced Parse Server with the XServer backend: https://xserver.app Please read the Documentation and this page for more info
May 7, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.3 - Added this line side the <application> tag in the 'Manifest.xml' file: android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" This fixes the issue on taking pictures with the camera on Android 10 devices
March 10, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.1 - Added this line of code on the top of the onCreate() function in all Java Activity files: @SuppressLint("SourceLockedOrientationActivity")
January 14, 2020
- Updated the 'main.js' file to properly call the Background Job with Parse Server 3.9.x version ** THIS MEANS NO CODE AND UI CHANGES, ONLY THE main.js FILE HAS BEEN EDITED, SO YOU SHOULD REPLACE YOUR OLD main.js FILE IN THE CLOUD CODE BOX ON BACK4APP**
For any support requests, please contact me through my Profile’s Contact Form
Rate my Work
Your support is always greatly appreciated, from comments to product’s reviews, so please click here to rate your purchases!