WallUp is a great solution for those who need to quickly build a mobile app to showcase and save wallpapers, as well as make a community of enthusiasts who can like and comment on images
* In case your device will show a Toast message saying “Can’t open file”, just download the Astro File Manager app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en
and use it to install the APK. This may happen because of new Android Security options *
WallUp is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) where people can browse Wallpapers, save them on their devices for later use, and like or comment their favorite arts.
The wallpaper details screen offers the possibility to apply some blur with a slider, as well as preview the image as Home and Lock screens.
Users can edit their profile, like wallpapers, and see them on their account page.
To make the app’s experience more social, people are allowed to post comments for each wallpaper, as well as report inappropriate content to the Admin.
The Admin should daily check the database for reported content/users, and take action for it.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database.
• Check out the Demo Database, login as:
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
The backend of this template is XServer, so you can either buy the XServer REST API an install it on your own VPS server, or create an account on XServer.app and a Database for this app.
After performing the configurations mentioned below, you will run the app and see no content, so Sign Up with a test user in order to create a test account and start testing the app.
NOTE: in case you want to implement your own backend to this template, you do not need to buy the XServer API, nor create an account on XServer.app, but please be aware that implementing a different backend to this template must be performed by you or your developers.
As per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
IMPORTANT: You ARE NOT allowed to sell or share the original source code of this template anywhere due to copyright infringement
Java/XML language – Native Android Studio project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Android Studio and Java code.
Android 6.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on about 80% of Android devices
Backend with XServer – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on XServer.app, as well as use the XServer REST API hosted on your VPS server.
Browse wallpapers by category – The Home screen shows a list of categories with cuswtom cover images and online sources.
Wallpaper of the Day – The Admin can easily set a wallpaper each day by editing a boolean flag in ther database.
Add Blur effect to wallpapers – Style images with a nice blur filter, adjust its intensity with a custom slider and preview it as Home and Lock screens.
Like and comment wallpapers – These features make the app more social and fun, as well as useful for people who can’t decide what images choose for their devices.
Report inappropriate comments – Help the Admin on keeping the application clean. He must daily check the Database for reported content and take action for it.
User can submit their own wallpapers – The app points to a custom Google Form file that must be filled to propose a wallpaper to the Admin. he can choose to show or hide it in the app via the database.
Sharing function – Let friends know about this app on popular social networks, or by Mail and SMS.
Tutorial page – This application includes a screen that shows how to set wallpapers on a device.
Account page – People can see and edit their info, as well as browse the wallpapers they liked.
Setting screen – Share, contact the Admin, submit a wallpaper, read the tutorial, and review the app are the options offered in this section.
Google Sign in – People can quickly sign with their Google account from the Intro page.
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
The latest official version of Android Studio – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of AS (download it here. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac or Windows computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your computer’s OS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
A Google Play Developer Account – This is needed for you to publish apps on the Play Store. You can still edit and test this template on Android Studio without that account though.
Basic knowledge of Android Studio and Java/XML language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the Play Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the Play Store – Emulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Google’s official Guidelines.
February 1, 2021
- Edited the 'XSCurrentUser()' and 'XSGetPointer()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.java' file
January 22, 2021
- Updated to Android Studio 4.1.2 - Set 'minifyEnabled' into 'true' in 'build.gradle(:app)' [in this way the code gets obfuscated as recently requested by Play Store]
November 19, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 4.1.1
September 25, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 4.0.1 - Moved this line out if its IF statement in the 'Home.java' and 'WallEditor.java' files: PREFS.edit().putInt("adCount", adCount).apply();
September 11, 2020
- Edited the 'XSObject()' function in the 'XServerSDK.java', now it can retrieve the saved data as a JSON object, so it can be used within the saving function - Edited all the calls of the 'XSObject()'' function in the java files where such call is present
July 29, 2020
** MAJOR UPDATE ** Replaced Parse Server with the XServer backend: https://xserver.app Please read the Documentation and this page for more info
May 7, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.3 - Added this line side the <application> tag in the 'Manifest.xml' file: android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" This fixes the issue on taking pictures with the camera on Android 10 devices - Added this line in the 'permissions' array in Home.java: Manifest.permission.CAMERA
March 10, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.1 - Added this line of code on the top of the onCreate() function in all Java Activity files: @SuppressLint("SourceLockedOrientationActivity")
December 10, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5.3 - Updated: compileSdkVersion 29 targetSdkVersion 29 in the 'build.gradle' file.
For any support requests, please contact me through my Profile’s Contact Form
Rate my Work
Your support is always greatly appreciated, from comments to product’s reviews, so please click here to rate your purchases!